020 7251 4942
020 8642 6677
- Kingston upon Thames
020 8549 0264
- Staines upon Thames
Company Disclosure Rules - The Basics
The Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2008 set out the the requirements as to where and when company trading names, names of directors etc. need to be shown. The Statutory Instrument implementing the changes is both short and straightforward.
In particular, Section 6 is important. It specifies that every company shall disclose its registered name on:
• business letters, notices and other official publications;
• bills of exchange, promissory notes, endorsements and order forms;
• cheques purporting to be signed by or on behalf of the company;
• orders for money, goods or services purporting to be signed by or on behalf of the company;
• invoices and other demands for payment, receipts and letters of credit;
• applications for licences to carry on a trade or activity; and
• all other forms of its business correspondence and documentation.
In addition, it requires that every company shall disclose its registered name on its website.